I am by no means the most fashionable of the fashionable. I do, however, I like to steal from my roommates' closets; I read every fashion magazine - particularly in September; and I live in New York City. I figure that all has to count for something.
So, here is my take on some of the top wearable trends for fall 2009, brought to you courtesy of my noodlings with polyvore.com, a super addicting site...
- Plaid. Think plaid shirts, but with a feminine edge (e.g., ruffles).
- Leather. Fitted jackets, skirts, accessories.
- Skinny jeans. Dark wash, gray wash...tucked into boots or with heels!
- Opaque tights and leggings.
- Metallics. Shimmery shoes add pizazz to any outfit!
- Neon. Oh yes. The '80's are BACK.
- Cozy cardigans and knits. Perfect for layering or with a belt.
- Cowboy boots. As with plaid, western chic is in.
- Pencil skirts. A great way to venture into the leather frontier!
- Gray. Jeans, sweaters, dresses. The new neutral.
- Boyfriend blazer. Oversized or shrunken. Even with '80's shoulder pads!
- Layers. Start with dress. Add cardigan + belt + scarf + tights + boots. Repeat.
What about you? What are you most excited to wear this fall? Any trends I forgot? If you were to purchase one piece to update your wardrobe, what would it be?